Friday, October 4, 2013

How To: Fix .ASI Loader Problems (hopefully)

So yesterday I decided to re-install Cleo and hopefully be able to use various .asi and .cs plugins, which are now going to be included with any car mods I make to enhance gameplay; however I ran into a rather annoying issue which took away 6 hours of my life.

This write-up will hopefully help GTA users fix the following errors:
-ERangeError.
-Error loading plugin: ----
-.ASI files not enabling.

You may have already tried:
-Switching .ASI loaders (Cleo 3, Cleo 4, JernejL, SilentPL, dinput8, etc...)
-Changing DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
-Changing EXE's (1.0, 1.0 HOODLUM, 1.0 Compact, 1.01, US & EU)
-Removing all mods / Reinstalling GTA.
-Etc..

I honestly can't tell you with 100% certainty what fixed it for me, although this is what I do know:
-The issue occurs with Vista, 7 and 8.
-Make sure that you have a 32 bit version of a gta_sa.exe. Likely 1.0 or 1.01 which are known to work. Having a 64 bit version will not allow the DEP to bypass the .exe.
-Configure your DEP to bypass the gta_sa.exe, personally I set the DEP to OptIn (Essential Windows programs only), although it has been mentioned by other users that AlwaysOff or OptOut will work as well, so long as you add your 32 bit .exe to the exceptions / bypass list. RESTART your PC once changing the DEP.

After doing exactly what I've mentioned above I still had no luck with any of the .ASI loaders listed before; the one that did work is likely an out-dated version of Cleo 3's ASI loader which came from my old HD.
All necessary files are included in this following .zip file, click 'DOWNLOAD' below:

DOWNLOAD

Installation instructions included + Some bonus files including Cleo 4.

1 comments:

Admin - Fauzan said...

THANKS ! it works ! i search anywhere and i found here.. thanks.. :D

Post a Comment