Saturday, July 3, 2010

Badlands Motorsport Resort

I was reading more info and bullshieze on the DMCC, when I came across something odd...

It's called the Badlands Motorsport Resort project, and it's located in Alberta Canada, 3-4 hours away from where I live in the city called Calgary. This is honestly going to make people shit themselves, and it will DEFINITELY highlight Canada on the map for racing. Rumor is that the same person who designed the famous Laguna Seca is the mastermind behind it.

Just take a look at the planned courses:



The yellow/orange line is the public road that will run through the area. The black marks all of the track.



This is another, more detailed image of the layout. Yes you are reading correctly, there are 3 courses in the one area. The 2 Valley and Mountain courses are in reality, an Ebisu style touge from what I know.

Even more, the area is meant to be much more than just racetracks. It will have purchasable housing to Badlands Motorsport members, advanced driver training courses, and recreational events for people who don't even care about racing.

Each course can be rented out to people, and I can imagine each one would be open on the weekends.

I really don't know about you guys, but seeming as tho this is pretty close to me and I'm still in school, by the time I graduate hopefully there will be some job opportunities opened (wishful thinking). I just have to try and remember that this is still a project not yet in development.

There is no expected completion date given yet, so hold tight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment